3.25.2011

Spring!

Yeay! The trees (& weeds) are green again! It's warm, it's sunny, it's not winter! I know, I know... I live in Florida. It's hot, a lot. But we do get a couple months in the winter where we can't going swimming or break something on the slip and slide. So, in honor of warmer weather, I thought I'd share one of my favorite evening summer-time activities with the kids. Sidewalk Chalk.


What's the big deal? Nothing really. It's super cheap, it comes out of clothing, the rain washes it off, and it's an excuse to be outside (just like bubbles). And so far, the amount that has been in Austin's mouth doesn't seem to be poisoning him. This is our activity while we wait for Daddy to come home from work since I get home with the kids about an hour before he does. Barefoot in the driveway, that's us.

And, you can get some really great colorful photos of your kids. Like this.


And this.


Short on princess crowns? Draw one.


Austin was too small at this time to participate, but he sure loved sitting in his stroller outside just observing.


On one occasion, we backed the cars up a bit to give us more room at the top of the driveway. They just happened to be blocking the sidewalk and we got some evil sneers from a few pedestrians who were forced to take two steps in the grass. They apparently weren't aware of the fun sidewalk chalk is. Thus, another need for this post. Maybe I should have offered them a stick or two? Next time.



Happy tanktoping.

No comments :

Post a Comment