8.10.2015

Thinking Out of the Box - Quick Dessert Ideas and Free Dessert Printables

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Sara Lee®, and Breyers® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #EasySimpleSweet http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
To download the free dessert printables click HERE.

I'm writing this post as the rest of my family is sleeping. And, duh, "While They Snooze" but this this it's because I can't sleep! We're in the home stretch of building our home and lately it's felt more like an extra full-time job full of decisions about finishes and money. I don't have time for anything extra what so ever right now. My normal weekday looks something like: wake up, go to work, leave work, pick up kids, meet a contractor at the house, call 4 people to set up other house appointments, cook dinner, baths, bed, repeat. Any extra cooking is certainly out of the question, including baking. However, I LOVE dessert so I've been thinking out of the box lately (you see what I did there, ha!) on ways to whip up special, yet really fast dessert ideas when you're swamped and company is on the way over.

In fact, my sister was just in town with her husband and 3 boys on their way back from vacationing in the Keys a couple days ago. My mom called the night before to tell me they would be over and could I bring dessert. This is one of those times a quick trip to Publix for Sara Lee® Double Chocolate Pound Cake Slices and Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry ice cream would have come in real handy.


Seriously, what kid (or adult!) doesn't love chocolate cake and ice cream? It's like the go-to of all desserts. And while I'm the kind of person that would devour chocolate pound cake presented to me in any form (utensils optional), I know there might be a desire by some to make it a little more fancy. So for that, I designed a few dessert-themed printables you can download for free.

Included in the downloadable PDF are cupcake toppers, flags, popsicles, and table tents. The kids helped me cut everything out and glue them to the sticks.


The popsicles are my favorite and I can see them being used for place cards or tucked in a napkin ring as a decoration. The kids have already claimed their favorites and use them to play house.


The toppers turned out so cute and make an already delicious dessert look even better.  I made a few blank ones so you can add your own personalization. I will confess, I'm the person that digs all of the chocolate and strawberry out of the carton and leaves the lonely vanilla for my unsuspecting husband.  :)

Kaley wrote the chalkboard "Scoops" sign for us which I think is funny because after she wrote it she asked "Don't you mean five dollars, Mom? I mean, nothing costs five cents."  So true, Kaley.  So true.

So head to Publix and stock the freezer with Breyers Ice Cream and Sara Lee pound cake (it's solo good!) for when company is on their way. Then download the printables and make them fancy! And, take advantage of $3.00 off any ONE (1) Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert 9.6-30 oz. and Breyers® Ice Cream 48 oz. (combined purchase required) now through 8/28/15 at your local Publix while supplies last.




No comments :

Post a Comment