3.28.2013

Creating with the Stars: Week 3 - Painting

Yup, the map table was me... and I got the Creating with the Stars boot! I'm a little disappointed but I think a little more relieved! This week's task is Home Decor and you know those ladies are going to completely do a whole room... and it's going to look spectacular. How is that possible in a week?! I had 3 hours each night after work/daycare/dinner to get my projects done. I don't think I've slept more than 5 hours a night in the past 3 weeks. Creating with the Stars is like crafting boot camp. It's crazy!

In the past 3 weeks I learned: I can do way more than I think I can.  Also that Janel from Nellie Bellie is super nice (we got the boot the same week). My kids let me know it when I haven't given them enough attention. My laundry can get way out of hand, really fast. I dislike renting and can't wait to get my hands back on a house I can paint and change at will. I know I'd kick butt on Craft Wars. :) I'm so ready to relax and enjoy Easter this weekend. 

The tutorial for the table will be up very soon. Thanks to Sarah, Thrifty Decor Chick, for all her advice.  Here are some behind the scenes pics from this week.
Thanks to Katie from Sew Woodsy for being my Home Depot photographer last week! There's me buying supplies on my lunch break :)
At one point I made this decision for the table.  Can we all say craft fail? Ewwww.
And of course the kiddos helped this time too... Cheez-Its in hand.  I hope some of you liked the table! I do!

16 comments :

  1. I was impressed when I saw your skills on Thrifty Decor Chick but now that I know you're a real person who juggles kids and work AND creativity, I love you even more. The map table is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and I'll be eagerly following your blog for the tutorial, and for other wonderful things you'll create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Beth! Thank you! Yes, I'm very much real! I try to find ways the kids can "help" with most projects I do. Sometimes I have it together... sometimes not so much! Ahh, found the post I was thinking of... here's an example of a day when I didn't have it together! http://whiletheysnooze.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-of-those-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE all the things you came up with for Creating with the Stars! You are amazing and give me motivation to get my but moving ;) I will be following to see all the new things that you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just over from Thrifty Decor Chick and wanted to say -- no way, you got the boot?! I totally voted (in my mind, 1st place!) for your project!! I loved it and everything you did. Super crafty, super talented! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked yours the best this round :(
    I felt that it was the most original of all the projects. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought so too, but I might be a little bias. Haha

      Delete
  6. Also popped over from TDC! LOVE your blog!

    You totally deserved to stay, this table is UH-MAZING! I wish I could find solid wood cast-offs like this!

    Can't wait to read more from you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you got kicked off - that table was hands down my favorite thing from last week. All three of your projects were ones that ended up voting for!

    So keep on going - you're doing LOTS of things right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laree! So sweet. Yup, I'm going to keep going and see what's next for me. These past few weeks gave me a good kick in the pants to try and make this more than just a hobby. We'll see!

      Delete
  8. I am your newest follower... My friend featured you today on her blog. I had to pop on over. I love your tire you did .>OMGOODNESS I said we need to get that girl an HGTV segment .. YOUR plates were amazing and this post is amazing. I love a great blog. Mine is pretty new would love for you to join.. always blessed to make sweet blogging sisters and friends.. Hugs and happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! Let Hgtv know that, will ya? Haha. Of course I'll join. :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVE this table! It was my favorite project from this past week--I couldn't believe you didn't make it through to the next round. A BIG congrats for making it in the competition and for going so far! And you still have that AMAAZING table to show for it! All while working and taking care of your family, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thanks. Like, really!!! Being nice is something I want said about me as often as possible...it is the bestest thing ever!! P.S. you are pretty great as well. And uber talented!! Don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete